Broadland Group recognises that its operations impact the environment and is committed to conducting its business in a globally responsible manner that is sensitive to the environment. We understand that we have a vital role to play in sustaining our environment and will take an active role in reducing the environmental impact of our operations.
Further, we pledge to those with an interest or concern in our business that we are in compliance with all local and national environmental regulations, and that we will strive to reduce the environmental impact of our business operations wherever possible.
To demonstrate our commitment to these principles we:
- Meet all applicable environmental, legal, health and safety requirements and Approved Codes of Practice applicable to our operations,
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance,
- Take measures to prevent pollution,
- Maintain active programs to reduce our use of consumables (energy, water, materials, etc.),
- Will work with our employees to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace,
- Make efficient use of natural resources by conserving energy and water, minimising waste and recycling where possible,
- Meet our duty of care requirements in relation to waste by ensuring the safekeeping, transportation and authorised disposal of waste,
- Use recycled materials where technically feasible,
- Keep transport use to a minimum, arranging car sharing where possible and ensuring that company vehicles are serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions,
- Work with suppliers to help ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their operations where possible.
Broadland Group will respond to changes in legislation applicable to its operations and review this policy whenever required, and at least annually as part of the Management Review Process.